Elstree Mansions is a historical site, built in the 1930’s. Steeped in history and elegance, this Art Deco architectural gem is situated in the most beautiful area close to the Union buildings and various embassies. East Avenue is running up the side of Meintjies kop (where the Union Buildings is situated). The streets are lined with beautiful age old jacaranda trees, which transforms into a purple glory in October.
There is a splash pool in the leafy gardens overlooking one of the oldest cycad trees in Pretoria. This is truly a magnificent sight. Guests are welcome to enjoy the outdoor terraces, overlooking the landscaped gardens.
Furnished in beautiful antiques and Persian carpets throughout, each unit reflects luxury and elegance. The lovely Oregon wood floors is shining testament to the quality of craftsmanship long forgotten.
There are 4 two bedroomed self-catering units. One is a double room and the other has twin beds. Tv lounge, fully equipped kitchen, with laundry facilities on the premises. Priced at R850 per day.
There is also 1 three bedroomed self-catering unit. Two double rooms and the other has twin beds. Tv lounge, fully equipped kitchen, with laundry facilities on the premises. Priced at R1300 per day.
All units are fully serviced daily, with Wi-fi and SABC 1, 2 & 3, DSTV (B&B Bouquet). Most have balconies to enjoy the mild climate, overlooking the Pretoria skyline.
FACILITIES IN ROOMS
- En-suite bathrooms
- Percale linen
- Bathroom amenities
- SABC 1,2 & 3, DSTV (B&B Bouquet)
- Wi-fi/internet connection
- Air Conditioning
- Welcoming sherry
- Writing desk
- Non-smoking in all the rooms
- Luxury & elegance throughout
- Tea/Coffee upon arrival
- Laundry facilities
- Messaging / Fax / E-mail services
- Safe parking area / electric fence
- Credit cards accepted
- Lunch packs on request.
- Rooms serviced Mon – Fri
- Shuttle services can be arranged
- Mr Delivery service available if you prefer to order take-aways
- Booking excursions through Ulysses.co.za
- Lunch and dinners are available with prior reservation
- Upon request we can arrange for a cheese platter, champagne, flowers etc.
- Full English/Continental breakfast can be enjoyed at the sister guest house, The Rose at 32 Murray Street
- Cots, prams, high chairs available
159 East Avenue
Eastcliff TOURISM GRADING COUNCIL
PO Box 11492